Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Eve And Adam

Eve and Adam
Title: Eve and Adam
Author: Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Pages: 304
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends
Publication Date: October 2nd 2012
Synopsis (from goodreads):Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible. 

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely

My Review:

I'm so glad Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate teamed up to finally write a book together, That outcome was fantastic.

This is a great young- adult fiction book full with tons of adventure with a twist of science fiction mixed in.


"I want you, Evening, to design the perfect boy."

How could you say no to that?

The first thing that got my attention about this book was obviously the cover. I mean look at that beauty. I was first a bit hesitant to read the book because i had heard people compare it to the Adoration of Jenna Fox, which i was not a huge fan of. But once i started reading this book i couldn't stop.

This wonderful Husband and Wife duo writing skills made this book very easy to read. It was descriptive but not to descriptive and it was very clear. They have that type of writing that just makes the readers keep reading. The writing did not bore me but was not to complex either.This book is very memorable, I mean you really can't forget a book with this unique of a storyline. It was one of those books that does not really have those dull moments that aren't very interesting to you. This book kept me interesting every single word. I also liked this book becuase there was also a sense of humor in it which i always love.

I also really like the characters in this book too. I thought Evening's mother was very well developed and was made into that perfect villian we all love. I have to say i was attracted to
Solo. He wasn't like hot, handsome, six pack, and i kind of liked that for a change. There is something about him that just kind of draws you in. And the main character, Evening, was a unique heroine, and i liked that. She was interesting becuase she was opininated, stubborn, just like her mother, but she was also a very heartfelt, loving character, who you could tell from the begining was one of the good ones.


The whole plot of the story was very well executed. It was very fast paced which i always love in a book. I have to say though i think they ending was a little rushed, but besides that i really don't have and cold feedback to say about this book. I would recomend this book to everyone, I don't really like science fiction and genres close to that, but i thoroughly enjoyed this book.

4 Stars ****

Michael Grant
About this author
 

I was born in a manger and grew up in a log cabin where I read law books by firelight. . . Oh, wait, that wasn't me, that was someones else.

I had a hard childhood. Hard for my parents. Not that bad for me. I was an Army brat, moved around a lot. Then I didn't settle down. I just kept moving. Why? What inner turmoil drove me? Mmmm, I gotta say none. I just have a short attention span. Easily bored.

I'm living in Tiburon, CA right now. How much longer? Don't know.

I've written 150 books. That's right, I said 150. In your face, Stephen King. Granted, mine are shorter than his. And less popular. And less likely to be made into a major motion picture. And I guess i don't play in a band with Dave Barry, either, do I? 


Katherine Applegate   

About this author

Applegate was born in Michigan in 1956. Since then she has lived in Texas, Florida, California, Minnesota, Illinois, North Carolina, and after living in Pelago, Italy for a year, she has moved back to Southern California. She has an eleven year old son named Jake Mates, although she says the Animorph leader is not named after him. In 2003 she and her husband, Michael Grant, her co-author on many projects including Animorphs, adopted their daughter, Julia, in China.[citation needed] Following the end of Animorphs, Applegate took three years off. She is back at work and has written a picture book called "The Buffalo Storm," a middle reader novel called "Home of the Brave," and an early chapters series "Roscoe Riley Rules" with Harper Collins. Her book "Home of the Brave" has won the SCBWI Golden Kite Award, the Bank Street 2008 Josette Frank Award, and is a Judy Lopez Memorial Award honor book
 
Check out more about Eve and Adam at goodreads!
Check out more about Michael Grant at http://www.themichaelgrant.com/
Check out more about Katherine Applegate at http://authors.simonandschuster.com/Katherine-Applegate/4063

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It sounds like a very cool idea!

    ReplyDelete