Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Like It Never Happened

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we get to showcase upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!
This week I am waiting on...
Like It Never Happened
Author: Emily Adrian
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Publisher: Dial Books
 
Synopsis via Goodreads:
Stereotypes, sexuality, and destructive rumors collide in this smart YA novel for fans of Sara Zarr’s Story of a Girl, Siobhan Vivian’s The List, and E. Lockhart’s The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks.

When Rebecca Rivers lands the lead in her school’s production of The Crucible, she gets to change roles in real life, too. She casts off her old reputation, grows close with her four rowdy cast-mates, and kisses the extremely handsome Charlie Lamb onstage. Even Mr. McFadden, the play’s critical director, can find no fault with Rebecca.

Though “The Essential Five” vow never to date each other, Rebecca can’t help her feelings for Charlie, leaving her both conflicted and lovestruck. But the on and off-stage drama of the cast is eclipsed by a life-altering accusation that threatens to destroy everything…even if some of it is just make believe.
 
COMING JUNE 2nd 2015
 
I haven't read a book that takes place in a drama club in forever! I love plays and the idea of on and off-stage drama. I also really love reading books based around close friend groups and then you add in the forbidden love and life-altering accusations and this sounds like it is going to be a great contemporary!
 

8 comments:

  1. The cover for like it never happened is so pretty.
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY!
    new follower via gfc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I love how they did the lettering. Thanks for following! I will head over to check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. Love the cover of this one! Sounds like a good contemp fiction! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a lot of contemporary lately but that usually changes in the summer!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I've heard of this one but it does sound pretty good! I'll have to pick up a copy when it comes out. I'm a new follower, I love your blog! (:
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog and following! I really appreciate it! Heading over to check out your blog now :)

      Delete