Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Rebel of the Sands

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we get to showcase upcoming book releases we are eagerly anticipating! 

This Wednesday I am waiting on...
Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1)
Author: Alwyn Hamilton 
Publisher: Penguin 
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Synopsis via Goodreads: 
She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from. 

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.

COMING MARCH 8th 2016

I immediately added this to my TBR months ago when I saw that beautiful cover and intriguing synopsis. Recently, I have heard amazing things about this book from everybody who has read it. It is making me even more eager to get my hands on it!

What books are you waiting on this week?
Tell me in the comments below! 

17 comments:

  1. I'd love to read this one as well! Great pick. And it's nice to see a debut author in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has a lot of attention in the blogosphere that I want to read it too.
    Here is my WoW if you want to check it out: http://wp.me/p76RED-3O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen it on tons of other blogs too. I can't wait to finally read it!

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting impatiently for this one, it should be in my home next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very jealous! I will definitely be reading it as soon as I can.

      Delete
  4. Great pick, I have this on my tbr pile on goodreads, and I hope you like it!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/02/wishlist-winning-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you like it when you get around to reading it.

      Delete
  5. This one does sound interesting. Thanks for featuring it this week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH, another pic for this gem! I hope you love it, I'm such a fan of this book! HEre's mine: http://editingeverything.com/blog/2016/02/03/wow-the-book-of-memory/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ADORED this book so much! Just shared a swoony excerpt on my blog. ;) I hope you enjoy this one when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely have to check out the excerpt on your blog!

      Delete
  8. I actually had no time to read something, recently. But after reading this post you can guess what book I want to read) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing this one around! I have to add it. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Have a nice week. My WOW

    ReplyDelete